1. I've been working my butt off to finish my final semester at Georgia State University strong (and I succeeded--I made straight A's!)
2. I've been going just about insane getting together my law school apps so that I can get accepted somewhere (also a success--I received a letter of acceptance from John Marshall Law School in Atlanta about a week ago!)
3. I have recently picked up running my mom's ever-growing residential and commercial property management company. I've been working 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. Although I've been working like a dog, I can't complain because I've been learning a lot, I make a lot of money, and I am always happy to help my mom.
So yes, that about sums up why this blog has been on hiatus for the past several months. Now let's see if I can get you readers up to speed on what's been going with my life outside of the academia and work-oriented arena...
1. Max has left for California to live out his post-graduate life indefinitely. While I do miss a lot, I am very very happy for him and I am more than confident we will remain close.
2. I just finished up ALTA (Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association) Winter Mixed doubles season and I am just now starting up ATLA Spring Women's doubles season. Thao (my lil' sister) is my partner and we are ready to dominate these sorry hoes!
3. My cousin Jacinta just got accepted into med school in the Caribbeans! This is a huge deal because she has been working so hard at this for some time now and I am so happy for her and so so proud!
4. I managed to squeeze in a little vacation time into my busy schedule to go to New York with Thao and my mom. There are just too many good things to say about NY, but I will say this: I am in LOVE with all NY men. Mmm-mm.
5. Other than working, I have been spending my time reading, painting, drawing, playing tennis, and catching up with friends. You know, things that writing 25 different term papers didn't allow for me to do before. Although I have to admit, sometimes I think I miss school, but whenever I find myself curled up under my comforter on a Sunday afternoon flipping through mindless magazines, I don't miss it so much anymore. Besides, I should really enjoy relaxing before law school starts up again in the Fall, right?
6. Thao and I have picked up watching Starz's original series Spartacus. While I do realize that this show looks, sounds and feels a lot like the movie 300, I am so addicted. And yes, I also realize that this show is practically soft-core porn with an ancient Roman backdrop. I am not ashamed.
7. My cousin Nancy from Canada is getting married in August. However, I must admit that the most exciting part about this piece of news is that she is getting married in LAS VEGAS. I can only add that I am extremely pumped and ready for this wedding! Especially with all of my awesome cousins going, this trip is going to be ridiculously fun!
Wow, I kind of missed blogging about random stuff... Hopefully I'll keep this up for a little longer than a handful of months this time around. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things!