Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Week #6

My first closed memo for law school was submitted at 2:45am today. I got into bed a little after 3:00am and I woke up at 6:30am. I was so relieved that my 9:00am class was cancelled, but not in the awesome-I-get-to-go-back-to-bed kind of relieved. I was relieved that I would have extra time to catch up on my readings for my 10:45am and 1:15pm classes. I don't know if it gets any sadder than this.

Everyday I feel less and less like myself, it's like the more I find my stride here, the more I think I am going crazy. Every morning I wake up feeling nervous and question my class-prep from the night before. I often skip breakfast to make sure that I get to school at least 30min before class starts so I can go over my briefs. Every night I contemplate whether or not I have time to eat dinner (and sometimes I don't). More and more everyday I feel so pretentious; In class, I have to speak all "lawyerly" and outside of class, 90% of my conversation with my classmates is made up of even more lawyerly shit (although, this morning at 8:45am, some us got together and just watched some old Family Guy YouTube clips on someone's laptop. Lame, but relaxing in its own lame little way).

I feel like I need to learn to meditate. Or something. Maybe I'm cranky because I've been skipping breakfasts n' dinners n' manicures. It's a strong possibility.

Good thing my Aunt came home today and stocked up on some Chef Boyardee like it's Y2K up in here:


NOTE: No one in my house is a Chef Boyardee fanatic, even my Aunt. Soo, yeah, I have no idea why she decided to go overboard like this (and why there are only two cans of Spaghetti-O's remains a mystery).

No comments:

Post a Comment