Friday, June 17, 2011

K-Town

Thao got her hair cut at Scissorhands in the Korean part of town (Duluth) yesterday--It's a pretty nice area. Afterwards, we went to a nearby bakery and got some goods for my mom and H-Mart to get ourselves some spicy shrimp chips, dried mangoes and other Asian shit.

These little cards are pasted ALL OVER the salon's walls.

Did you know Korean mags read backwards? Cray-cray!

Scissorhands. I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but it's crazy-lookin' in there!

The haircut goes for a spin at White Windmill Bakery.

Thao's chocolate horse!

Is it weird that whenever I'm in this area, I feel like I'm actually in S. Korea? The store signs and all the products are advertised in Korean characters and all the employees and patrons are Korean as well. Just sayin'.

I finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last week and now I'm reading The Girl Who Played With Fire, the second in the Stieg Larsson trilogy. I think it's safe to say I'm hooked. Something's gotta fill the Harry Potter void, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment